Chief Executive Officer
Mike has served as the CEO and President of Caprock Midstream II since its inception
- Started three prior companies from the ground up with successful exits
- CEO and founder of Caprock Midstream LLC
- Prior to Caprock, led commercial activity for Hoover Energy Partners (also an Energy Spectrum portfolio company)
- 29 years of midstream experience with a proven track record of growth and excellence in service
- Experience in both Commercial and Operational facets of the business
- Successfully grown businesses through both acquisition and green-field projects
- Managed both large and small businesses, ranging from $10 MM – $200MM in annual EBITDA
- BS Business Management, Southern Nazarene University in Bethany, Oklahoma
Chief Operating Officer
David is Chief Operating Officer for Caprock Midstream II, overseeing project development and execution as well as facility operations.
- Co-founder and COO of Caprock Midstream
- Over 25 years of Oil and Gas Project Execution Experience
- Extensive experience in both project execution and operations and maintenance
- Managed over $500 million in gas, oil and water infrastructure capital expenditures at Caprock I
- Contributed to the successful execution of over 150 projects annually as Director of Project Consulting Services (a New Orleans based engineering firm)
- Wide ranging project experience from major transportation systems to small pump change-outs
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Louisiana State University (Geaux Tigers!)
Dennis J. McCanless
Dennis joined the Caprock Midstream II team as President in the fall of 2023.
Former CEO of Cogent Midstream with assets located in the Southern Midland Basin which successfully sold in February 2022 after a period of tremendous growth with an annual exit EBITDA of over $110 million
- 34 years in the midstream space witha long track record of successfully managing and growing both large and small commercial assets and companies in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana
13 years as an Operating Partner at EnCap Flatrock Midstream, a leading private equity firm
- Places a priority focus on superior customer service and efficient project execution
Deep understanding of the commercial, operational and engineering aspects of the midstream space
Extensive experience in greenfield development and asset acquisition transactions and execution
BS in Petroleum Engineering, Texas A&M University and an MBA, University of Houston
Vice President, Finance
Brandon is VP of Finance for Caprock Midstream II, overseeing the accounting and finance groups, as well as corporate development.
- Director of Finance at Caprock Midstream LLC
- Managed corporate planning and corporate development functions at Caprock Midstream LLC
- Controller at SGR Holdings, a gas storage development company
- Worked directly with capital providers to structure a $230 Million senior secured credit facility and a $250 Million preferred equity investment for Caprock Midstream
- MBA and BS Accounting, University of Nebraska
Vice President, Engineering
- Vice President, Engineering for Caprock Midstream LLC. Oversaw engineering and construction for greenfield
assets totaling over $300MM in capital expenditures as well as integrating and optimizing acquired assets.
- 13 years of multifaceted engineering experience as well as successful project execution
- Managed the buildout of a 400 MMCFD processing complex and 30 miles gathering pipelines in North LA for PennTex Midstream
- Diverse engineering and project management experience across the oil & gas and petrochemicals sectors
- BS Chemical Engineering, Oklahoma State University
Vice President, Commercial
Randy is VP of Commercial for Caprock Midstream II, overseeing all Commercial and Business Development activities.
- Over 24 years in the energy industry with experience in midstream, upstream, marketing, and producer services.
- Vice President, Natural Gas Assets West, Summit Midstream LP. Led commercial initiatives in Summit’s Piceance , DFW Barnett, Northern DJ and Bakken gathering systems generating over $140MM annual EBITDA.
- Managed commercial operations of pipeline systems in Piceance, Barnett Shale, Northern DJ, Bakken, Permian, East Texas and Haynesville basins.
- Significant M&A experience totaling over $1.3B closed
- Diverse experience in all aspects of the energy value chain including, but not limited to, marketing, contract negotiations, land, inter/intrastate pipelines, etc.
- Juris Doctor from St. Mary’s School of Law, BA from Texas A&M University
Vice President, Business Development
- Over 13 years of in the energy industry specializing in midstream and oil field services.
- Key Commercial Lead on a 700 mile 30” crude oil pipeline and 7.5 million barrels of at EPIC Midstream L.P.
- Varied and relevant experience with a track record of growth and excellence in service
- Experience in both commercial and operational facets of the midstream and oil field services business
- Successfully managed Zephyr Gas Services assets after being acquired by Energy Transfer
- Bachelor of Business Administration from Sam Houston State University